Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Faithful Blogging

Wow. Has it really been over a week since I last posted? This blogging thing sure takes some getting used to! Between a busy week at work, and a busy week at church, certain things just seem to slip by the wayside. I'm not sure how comfortable I am with that, mostly because to me, blogging isn't about a virtual, make-believe, unimportant, pretend world. The blogs I've read and the people I've "met" represent real people, Godly people, and praise the Lord for that! Sometimes they represent people who live in bigger cities, and sometimes they represent people who live on relatively isolated farms or in small towns, where finding like-minded people is often hard to do. And for them, I imagine that experiencing various blogs across the country can be an encouraging tool indeed.

Regardless, even more important than all of the above, Col. 3:23-24 states, "And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ." If I'm going to do this blogging thing, I should do it faithfully, and diligently.

Resolved, not to let a full week go by without posting at least once.

(OK, so Jonathan Edwards I ain't...)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you have found out the struggle of being a blogger. It's funny to me how much pressure I can feel at times about writing my next blog post. I can't decide if it is a sign of pride on my part, in thinking that what I have to say actually matters to everyone else, or if it is just the pressure of feeling like since I have a blog, I should be writing on it :)

    In answer to the question that you left on my blog about my family picture, my grandmother took it for me. Although we have done a lot of family pictures with a tripod and a timer. I guess that's what comes from having a photog in the family :) Last fall, all of my mom's side of the family was at my house and we managed to take family pictures with EVERYONE in them with a tripod. Quite the feat seeing as there were 16 people that all had to be looking and smiling at the camera at the same time, and the majority of them were children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is a very good way to put it :)

    Here was the outcome, it ended up going pretty well!
    http://picasaweb.google.com/JessicaShae221/FamilyPictures#5272815607888111346

    ReplyDelete